Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Dual sump pumps-check valve?

On Nov 20, 1:21*pm, Steve Barker wrote:

the 1/4" hole is a wives tale. *Not necessary.

--
Steve Barker

As Steve B stated, that 1/4" is unnecessary.
It's not like the internals of the pump will prevent that bit of water
between the pump and the check valve.
Drilling a hole in that location will allow a small amount of the
pumped water to "short circuit" and merely recycle in the sump,
wasting a bit of the pump's usable output.

General comment to group (not to Steve B):

I thought the "well" in which water collected was the "sump" and the
pump tasked with emptying the sump was the "sump pump"?

What is this "crock thing" being talked about?
I thought crocks were for sauerkraut, sourdough starter, pickles,
cheese, yogurt, etc and of course s...t.