Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dual sump pumps-check valve?

On Nov 20, 10:34*am, Andy wrote:
On Nov 20, 9:27 am, "
wrote:

How many sump pumps have you seen that are mounted
above the water level? *Every single one I've ever seen
sits in the sump pump pit, in the water.

That would be a problem....

Andy replies:
* None. *But , based on the post, I wasn't sure the OP was referring
to a "sump pump", *or a "pump that was used to pump out a sump".

"Dual sump pumps - check valve?

In the same crock I have two sump pumps on two separate breakers. "

It's one of the clearest posts I've seen.

* *People in different areas sometimes have different terminologies..

* JoeJ replied that they were both submersible, hence, I can't see why
a check valve would be needed for either....

" I had a failure on the primary pump and it seemed half
the crock was refilled by the remnants in the pipe draining back after
the backup pump shut off. "

That's why.

*I agree with your post...but I can't see why you replied to "me"
rather
than Joe J...

To correct the misinformation.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Andy in Eureka, Texas * *PE