Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Editing a pdf file ...

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:02:02 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

So, does anyone know of a SIMPLE piece of free software, that will
definitely allow me to work on this document 'in situ' and preferably by
just being able to define and select an area and then erase it, or define
and select an area then copy and paste it ?

Free online PDF editor:
http://www.pdfescape.com
Free, but limited to 10MB files and 100 pages. There's also a problem
with security as you have to upload the document to their web site in
order for the editor to work online.

PDFedit:
http://pdfedit.cz/en/
Free, not simple, but should do whatever you might need:
http://pdfedit.cz/en/screenshots.html

The way I usually do it is to import the PDF document into MS Word
(Office 2003), make the necessary changes, and save the document as a
PDF using CutePDF.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/convert-documents-between-pdf-and-word-HA001168333.aspx
http://www.cutepdf.com
http://convertpdftoword.net
This usually reformats the document, but that's fine as I now have
more control over formatting in MS Word than I would in most PDF
editor. It's also easier to modify graphics (i.e. schematics and
diagrams) in an external editor (GIMP) than inside a PDF editor.

If you use LibreOffice (spinoff from Open Office), there is an
extension to Writer (pdfimport) that will import the PDF. However,
it's not a real editor as it imports the PDF into the Draw drawing
program, and not into Writer. You can edit a few lines here and
there, but that's about it. Export as PDF is also built in for saving
the results.

--
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks Jeff. I'll look into it.