Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Editing a pdf file ...

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:02:02 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

I used to have a fully registered version of Acrobat, and I'm sure that
allowed you to do it, but I am no longer able to use it, because when I
upgraded my OS to Win 7, it was no longer compatible, and there was no route
within Adobe, to upgrade an existing installation.

£228 including VAT for an upgrade from Acrobat 8 and below:
http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobat.html

What version of Acrobat?
Acrobat Standard or Pro?
32 or 64 bit Windoze 7?

Looks like Acrobat 9 and later are compatible with Windoze 7.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en&type=Software&s=acrobat

I have Acrobat Pro 6 mostly running on Windoze 7 at a customers. I
had to use "run in compatibility mode" to make it work:
Make sure you are installing the program as an administrator.
Right click on the setup file and select properties.
Now click on compatibility tab.
Under compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility
mode".
From the drop down menu select Windows XP.
Run the install.

--