Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Well I've never done that before

On 11/19/2011 6:49 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
I did that on my circular saw. I am a lefty and bought a porter cable
left hand saw many years ago. I needed to put a ply blade on to cut up a
couple of cabinets I got sitting by a curb. I needed to cut the toe
kicks out to put wheels on the bottm.

Being a left hand saw, I mounted the label so it was visible. Boy the
smoke... did I feel stupid...

On 11/19/2011 12:37 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
I suppose all of us at one time or another have managed to install the
blade backwards on our tablesaw and wondered why the hell the thing
wasn't cutting worth a damn, but I've never had it happen on my bandsaw
before. I was uncoiling a 1/4" blade from storage and somehow I managed
to get the thing turned inside out, and it never occurred to me to check
the direction of the teeth while installing it. Come ON, no blade could
possibly be THAT dull!

Be careful out there. :-)

I guess there shouled be an addition to that long list of left handed
pencils, screw drivers, wrenches, etc., we need to add the left labeled
saw blade. LOL