Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default 6 bit binary attenuator. - 6 bit attenuator.pdf

Michael A. Terrell Inscribed thus:

John Fields wrote:

Name: 6 bit attenuator.pdf
6 bit attenuator.pdf Type: Portable Document Format
(application/pdf)
Encoding: x-uuencode

Did you build & test this? The literature I saw on this type of
attenuator claimed that slide (or toggle) switches didn't have enough
isolation between sections for an accurate 32 dB attenuator stage.
That was why Kay used multiple 20 dB stages.

Yes some toggle switches have poor isolation. I built one many years
ago with slide switches. Above about 100Mhz an open switch only had
about 38 - 39 Db attenuation. I think the contacts were far to close
together for good performance.

I now have a Rhode & Schwarz attenuator, good to at least 1Ghz.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.