Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Well I've never done that before

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:37:05 -0600, Steve Turner
I suppose all of us at one time or another have managed to install the blade
backwards on our tablesaw and wondered why the hell the thing wasn't cutting
worth a damn, but I've never had it happen on my bandsaw before.

Not a bandsaw, but I've experienced essentially the same problem. I
was trying to drill a hole sight unseen under a desk sight in the
process of running computer cables. I couldn't understand why it was
so difficult to drill. After ten minutes, I decided to run down to the
store and buy a completely new drill bit and tried it again. Still the
same problem. It took me well over half an hour with a whole lot of
cursing and swearing to realize that I had the drill in reverse. I
really am an idiot sometimes.

An no, never experienced the reversed tablesaw blade problem. G