Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default table saw surface

John Crea wrote:
If using the saw and not thinking STORAGE

Clean it good and apply several coats of either Johnson's or BriWax
pastewax, OR a commerial table top treament like TopCote

Reapply either treatment frequently

I only had rust on my top once, after I stupidly left a piece of fresh pressure
treated lumber sitting on it. What can I say? I was young and stupid. I'm
older now and smell bad, but I digress.

I cleaned the rust off with steel wool and WD-40, cleaned the residue off with
brake cleaner, and then applied a couple coats of Johnson's Paste Wax. I've
never had a bit of rust on it since. Nor have I had to reapply wax all that
often.

FWIW, the saw sits in the garage; I live in North Carolina where we have plenty
of humidity in the summer.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com