Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Senate Republicans vote to kill Obama's jobs bill..Why DoRepublicans Hate America?

On Nov 18, 4:08*pm, Hawke wrote:

So to get solar power to work all over you need a new high tech grid.
Yeah, I thought I said that. The point is that aside from the price
there are a lot of other things wrong with fossil fuels. Knowing this a
smart man would want to change to clean renewable energy sources as
quick as possible.

Please explain how a new high tech grid is going to have less power
losses.

The Saudis have been lying about their oil reserves for years. You trust
them? Be my guest, and if they have so much oil how come the countries
in the Middle East are trying to get nuclear power? Could they know
their oil is running out and don't want us to know that?

So what about the vast amount of oil in Canada?

What a crock. You can hide your head in the sand and pretend there is no
damage done by using fossil fuels but the science says otherwise. The
need to switch to clean fuels is critical. It must be done immediately.

There is no doubt that CO2 in the atmosphere is a green house gas.
But did you know that without CO2 in the air, the earth would be too
cold? And did you know that a significant amount of the CO2 going
into the atmosphere is coming from underground coal fires. So if
getting rid of CO2 sources needs to be done immediately, why is no one
extinguishing the underground coal fires. That would be a relatively
cheap way to cut the CO2 going into the atmosphere by about 40%.

I just heard the navy did a test run on a ship using a combination of
diesel fuel and bio fuel and it was a success. They are in the process
of changing too.

BFD. Burning a barrel of biofuel puts the same amount of CO2 in the
air as burning a barrel of regular diesel fuel.

Dan

Hawke