Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus14796 Ignoramus14796 is offline

Default No rigid tapping afterall on the Fadal

On 2011-11-18, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus14796 wrote:
I think that it is not as big of a deal, myself. I implemented rigid
tapping on my Interact "because I could" and it was about $100 in
cost. Plus it makes some things easier, as I do not need to do
expensive computations of feedrates. Plus I can post videos on youtube.

Well, that was possible because you retrofitted the machine,
of course.

Yep, and I am very happy.

Not sure if Eric is planning a retrofit. And, of course,
Mach does not do rigid tapping without a Galil card.

I am really glad that I did not use Mach3.