Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC question

On Nov 18, 8:03*am, Home Guy wrote:
Scall5 wrote:
It is 27 degrees F outside and my thermostat is set at 68 F
Currently my HVAC unit (air forced heat pump) is pushing out 76 F.
Should I have someone check my refrigerant?

If it's 27F where you are right now, in the 3'rd week of November, I
question why you have a heat pump instead of a natural-gas fired
furnace.

That's a good point. Unless it's geothermal based, but doesn't sound
like it is. I would agree that an air based
heat pump doesn't sound too practical in an area where
it's already 27F.

Did you have this heat pump last winter? *How cold was the outside temp
last January?