Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 11/18/2011 6:21 AM, Han wrote:
Ed wrote in
:

On 17 Nov 2011 13:16:53 GMT, wrote:

"Lew wrote in
news:4ec436e7$0$1053 :

"Han" wrote:

$3.239 at the Gulf on Fair Lawn Ave, Fair Lawn, NJ
-------------------------------
What's the cost of a KWH in your neighborhood these days?

Lew

Here are a couple of sets of raw figures
The total cost includes delivery AND supply, supply is almost 2/3
of that:

Date Usage (kWh) total cost($) $/kWh
10/28 480 87.35
0.1819791666666667 7/28 1162 209.41
0.1802151462994836

I'm in CT. I changed suppliers a couple of years ago and now my
effective rate is .165. It was up to .198 at one point.

When I bought my first house, the electric bill was $14 a month. Of
course, I was making about $100 a week back then.

Since the freak preHalloween snowstorm did so much damage here and
elsewhere around us, including Ed's CT, I can safely predict that the
distribution costs are going to go up. Question is by how much. Are
the public utility boards going to punish top execs, and
shareholders, before the general public? (just a rhetorical
question)

FWIW the hurricane recovery "tax" added to my electric and gas bill
totals about $1~$2 per month, IIRC. It will be interesting to see how
fast you have to help them pay that bill to recoup their expenses
from.

There will be a fight before the PUC equivalents, especially in CT, since
there seems ample evidence that CLP didn't ask for help from other states
in a timely manner. The president just quit/was sacked.

--
Best regards
Han