Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Converting pdf files to to jpg ?

In message , Arfa Daily
writes

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Jim
Hawkins writes
Anyone know how to convert a .pdf file into a .jpg one ?

You have several suggestions. However, yet another way is to use
'Bullzip PDF Printer'.

As well as producing PDF files from almost anything, Bullzip* can
produce eight other image formats - including JPG.
*I almost always use Bullzip (freeware) to produce PDFs.
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
Note: Also needs Ghostscript V8.6.4 or later.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/files/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghos...ostscript/8.71
/gs871w32.exe/download

-- Ian

I thought that this Bullzip thing sounded quite useful, so I downloaded
and installed it, which all went ok. However, it seemed to bolt itself
in as the default 'printer', and completely removed any reference to
the 'real' HP hardware printer. Thinking that it had just set itself up
as the default, I went into control panel to put the HP back to that
status, and Lo ! it had gone from the list ... So I then had to re -
add it as a new shared network printer, and make sure that it was set
as the default. Am I missing something here ?

It's a while since I installed (or updated) Bullzip, and I don't recall
any problems. However, when installing it, there could well be a
question like "Do you want to make Bullzip your default printer". Maybe
you missed it and let it do it, while I spotted it, and said "No".

However, I'm surprised that it removed the incumbent default HP printer
from the list of printers, instead of just displacing it. I have several
printers listed (mostly PDF printers), and I've never had one
spontaneously removed when installing any of them.

I have to have the HP as the default, otherwise the missus and so on
won't understand when they come to print anything. Now that I've
re-instated the HP as the default printer, Bullzip is still in the
list, but obviously as a selectable alternative. Have I got it right now ?

It looks like you have - but, Bullzip should not have removed the
existing default HP.
--
Ian