Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_31_] Tim[_31_] is offline

Default Moon Disks

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:54:58 +0800, Dennis wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
So, I'm kinda thinking it'd be cool to make some moon disks, like this
http://www.mooneyesusa.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=474, only
without the snap-on features and for model airplane use (yes, I'm on a
mission).

These are obviously spun -- but how do they do it? They're spun _all
over_, which leads to some obvious problems in part-holding. Do they
spin part of it, then change the holder, then spin the rest? What do
they do?

Anyone know? Anyone have a good guess?

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Tim - these show a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU5Gq...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25OlcOSZOsg

All I needed to know.

Man, I love watching metal spinning videos. It's just like magic.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com