Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Fuse size in IBM ThinkPad T22 wallwart power supply

On Oct 31, 7:28*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Robert Macy wrote:

The power supply that goes to the IBM ThinkPad T22 got wet!

arcing sounds, zsst! does not work now. Internally found a blown
pigtail fuse. *plus, [and this does NOT bode well] blackened PCB areas
around AC mains traces.

The pigtail fuse does not appear to be simple physical caps going over
the 8AG type but solidly attached to the metal end caps. *Plus, and
this ALWAYS happens, the value is UNDER the fuse body and is not
accessible. *I'd like to simply put asimilarly rated fuse in parallel
to check if the problem is only the fuse, but don't know the amperage.

Anybody know the rating? * *The main unit is in the range of 16V 3.36A
so the fuse could be 1 to 2A, but the wire laying down inside looks
heavier. *Maybe the fuse is in series with the output ? and is more
like 5 to 10A ??

Anybody have a manual, or URL to find out?

* *You can get new power supply on Ebay for $8.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nk...

Thank you, that's the FIRST time I've bought on eBay.

Cost 8.95 total cost, very prompt arrival with their expenditure for
shipping 3.28 !! labeled made in China, does NOT have the AC plugged
in LED, but at these prices, I can live without it.

Seems to work, the laptop display is still defunct.