Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Is there some'secret' way to easily remove screw cap covers when dissassembling?

On IBM's Thinkpad T22 there are mounting screws that are covered by
black color-matching plastic 'covers' These covers provide a
csometically flush surface over the top of the screws. The covers
appear to 'glued' in place with double sided tape?

The cap covers along the bottom were oval shaped and came off by
gently pushing in the middle, distorting its shape. Once distorted it
was easy to then lift it out of the hole by inserting into the gap the
side of a single edge razor blade. The covers covering the hinge
screws again came out easily due to their oval shape.

However, now I'm faced with bezel screws which have round covers.
These covers I'll be looking at every time I use this thing in the
future, so don't want to destroy the covers.

Thus, the question, is there some secret to getting these cap covers
out without destroying them?