Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Annealing music wire

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:06:10 -0400, Leon Fisk wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:26:27 -0600
Tim Wescott wrote:

I'm building model airplanes. Nearly everyone bends up their landing
gear out of music wire (0.9% carbon, low alloy, hard drawn wire), and
either holds the wheels on with these really ugly collars, or they epoxy
on washers.

snip

Maybe it is just me... but some images of what you currently have would
be really helpful in coming up with some different ideas or inspiration
that you could ponder upon. I have some rough ideas of what your landing
gear looks like from past descriptions, but that could be all wrong

This is the "ugly" wheel installation, not even dressed up by using a
proper set screw (those particular collars are metric, and I have no
metric set screws). The only ones that are uglier use ugly wheels.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/wheel.jpg

--
www.wescottdesign.com