Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Light bulb, thy doom is near!

On Nov 17, 3:54*pm, BobR wrote:
On Nov 17, 5:39*am, Vic Smith wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:19:34 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Frank Warner wrote:

Most of the kneejerks reading your post will miss the part about being
25% more energy-efficient. That means, according to sources as diverse
as Mother Jones Magazine and snopes.com that a 75-watt bulb will
produce the same amount of light as a 100-watt bulb used to produce.

No, no, no. Everybody knows CFLs are more efficient. But so what? A VW bug
is more efficient than a Hummer, soy steaks are more efficient than prime
rib, a poncho is more efficient than a tuxedo. The issue here is why should
my choices be curtailed because someone else wants to kneel at the alter of
"efficiency?"

You got most of it all wrong.
It's not about "you."
It's not about personal "efficiency."
It's about what works to cut back on power plant generation.
That significantly reduces bad emissions to the air we all breathe.
No question about it.

Do you think most people give a **** what you want?
I can't burn leaves. *Have to pay taxes for them to be picked up.
Can't even smoke tobacco in a lot of outdoor places.
Tough ****, I don't whine about that. *I adjust.

The few light bulb weirdos were accounted for by not outlawing the use
of the bulbs you desire. *You're free to stock up on incandescents.
Anybody is free to do that.
Simple to buy a lifetime supply - enough to pass them on to your kin.
But that hasn't stopped natural born whiners from whining.
Nothing works for that.
You can also buy a Hummer, VW bug, prime rib, tuxedo, or mega-yacht.
Nobody's stopping you. *It's all available.
Look like you want the world to revolve around you.
News flash - won't happen.

Here's what you should do.
Stock up on incandescents, and put them everywhere you can on your own
property. *Turn them all on if you like. *Nobody will stop you.
It'll make you feel righteous. *Important.
I do something like that when I take my dogs out in the dark.
I often want to **** when I take my dogs out.
If it's early and there's still some traffic I walk behind the pine
tree in the front yard, pull out my dick, and **** on the lawn.
If there's no traffic, I stand right on the town-owned sidewalk, pull
out my dick, and **** on the lawn.
Feels good, real good. *Nothing like ****ing in the toilet.
When I'm standing out there in public with my dick out, ****ing on the
lawn, I'm the very center of the universe.
You should forget about those light bulbs, and try that.
Drink a beer if you need it.

--Vic

Which straw broke the camel's back, the first or the last? *Which of
the unending list of government rules, regulations, and mandates will
finally get your attention that your back is about to break? *Will it
be when one day they come to your house and arrest you for ****ing on
the lawn using evidence from DNA that they got from the ****?- Hide quoted text -

Is there DNA in ****?