Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Senate Republicans vote to kill Obama's jobs bill..Why DoRepublicans Hate America?

On Nov 17, 2:49*am, Hawke wrote:

I knew I could count on old "Buggy Whip" Johnson to oppose green
technology and stand tall to keep 19th century forms of energy number
one on America's energy menu. But sadly for him and the old tech, the
modern people are moving away from burning things to make energy. Maybe
in a couple of decades Buggy Whip will see you don't have to burn stuff
to make energy like he always thought. But he's not going to see that
for a long, long time. Like all right wingers he's got his head firmly
set...to look to the past.

Hawke

I am all for green energy, but only when it is cost effective. I have
been adding insulation to our house because it decreases the amount of
energy I need to live comfortably.

But right now natural gas is cheaper than it has been for years and we
have about a hundred years supply at our current rate of use. Solar
energy is not competitive with natural gas. It takes too much energy
to make the solar cells. So all the trendy people are going to things
like electric cars that either use gasoline to generate the
electricity or use power generated mostly by burning coal.

At the rate solar energy is developing, you will be using power from
burning things until you die. It sure is not going to be here in a
couple of decades. Meanwhile the Keystone pipeline would be
transporting 590,000 barrels per day. Have you any idea of how much
energy that is? And how long it will be before solar energy will be
supplying that amount of energy?

Dan