Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
JohnC JohnC is offline

Default Digital Optical to Analog Converter

I just purchased a Panasonic Viera Plasma TV model TC-P42S30. Since it has
no analog audio out for my legacy stereo, I purchased a FiiO Optical to
Audio Converter Model D3,
http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index...&MenuID=020302 .But when I
hooked it up to the TV digital optical out, all I got was a pulsing sound
from my stereo.. The digital to analog converter worked fine on when
connected to the digital optical on the Blu-Ray but not on the Panasonic TV.

I took the converter to the store where I purchased the TV and the sales rep
connected it to a Panasonic TV and got the same results. Is this converter
not able to decode the digital signal from Panasonic TVs? Can anyone
recommend one that will work with my TV?

John