Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Treadmill motor uses?

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:13:17 -0800, "Artemus" wrote:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Son in law changed his mind and will not be using newly acquired ($25 garage

sale
item) treadmill. Choices are to give it away free via Craigslist to a happy user

or
tear it apart for some fun pieces.
In the past years you readers have written a lot about using treadmill motors.

How
about the belt? Rollers? Re-use for what purpose? I love projects, give me some
ideas.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

I snagged a couple of free treadmills off of CL intending to use the motors
on my drill press and small wood lathe to make both variable speed. Alas
the shafts on both are 17mm dia and finding pulleys to match has been a show
stopper.
Art

You dont own a lathe?????

Yup. That's the problem.
Art

Bore out a pulley, or make a liner. Its hardly rocket science

Gunner