Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default There must be a better way to iron shirts at home (maybe a form?)

On Nov 15, 3:50*pm, Pavel314 wrote:
Back in the 50's an appliance called the mangle, an automatic ironing machine, was popular. It apparently wasn't the time saver it was advertised to be and fell out of favor.

In the early 70's, I was cleaning my inlaws' gargage and came across a mangle, which they wanted thrown out. We took it up to the dump and were told where to toss it. When we got there, we saw three or four other mangles which had recently been disposed of.

Your dump has a special section just for mangles?

That sure is an organized dump!