Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Buying the Fadal mill

wrote in message
I posted a while back that I might be buying a Fadal mill and running
it from a phase converter. Well, I'm buying it. I'll write the check
tomorrow. It's a model VMC-15 and has rigid tapping so I guess I'll
need that parameter changing info. Also, just what is the advantage of
rigid tapping over tapping heads?
Thanks,
Eric

The main advantage of having rigid tapping is that it allows you to use
standard drilling collets and chucks instead of having to buy a bunch of
additional specialty tooling that is only useful for tapping.