Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Light bulb, thy doom is near!

harry wrote:
On Nov 15, 12:17 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
And, the need for more petroleum refineries. And drilling
and pumping oil from the US areas, including off shore.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

It's the silliness of government trying to solve the wrong
problem, which,
if they stayed completely out of it, wouldn't be a problem
at all.

In the instant case, the difficulty is not too many
incandescent bulbs; the
problem is too few power plants.

"But," you may say, "CFLs reduce our demand for
electricity!" Yes, and
computers, electric cars, and a mania for toasted strawberry
pop-tarts
continues to drive demand up. More power generation will be
needed next week
or next year. At best, limiting consumer choices by
mandating CFLs or
prune-flavored poptarts merely delays the real solution.

Which is?

Duh! Build more power plants (and I don't mean wind, geothermal, or trying
to run this country off of sunbeams).