Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Light bulb, thy doom is near!

On Nov 14, 3:05*pm, BobR wrote:
On Nov 14, 1:05*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

Opinion piece on the demise of the 100-watt bulb.

"Because the end of days is drawing nigh. *Not in the Biblical sense, but in
the Environmental Protection Agency sense: there were only a scant eight
weeks (now only seven) before the end of the light bulb as we know it. *As
of January 1, 2012, Americans will have their freedom of light bulb choice
snuffed out by an omnibus 2007 law requiring that general-purpose bulbs be
25% more energy-efficient than the current, justly-beloved, incandescent
bulb."

http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-end-of-t...-as-we-knowit/

So what is next on the governments list of let's end this so we can
transfer all the production to China, India, or someplace else?

I expect any day now they will set a new rule in place that you are
limited to a single sheet of toilet paper when you take a crap and
will hire thousands of watchdog government employees to watch you and
enforce the rules.

***The bidet people are behind this, mark my words!

HB

[...]