Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default CFL for unheated areas?

I didn't think to try the experiment last winter to see how successful
(or not) would be during the deep cold. I know the one in the garage
will barely come on in really cold weather and while it's enough to find
one's way to the car, it would be most annoying in dark to have to wait
as long as it takes for it to brighten up in the barn when actually
want/need to do something. And, it doesn't work at all in the door opener.

So, the question is--anybody have any input on whether these things will
actually work at 0F and below w/o waiting 15-20 minutes or so?

I'm thinking I should order a few cases of incandescents; I
unfortunately apparently waited too long, the outfit of farm supplier I
ordered from previously has already dropped incandescents entirely.