Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for a manufacturer of large drill presses...

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:41:35 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Looking for someone who sells *new* drill press machines with 5 HP or more
and the distance from spindle axis to the column must be at least 22"

Haas, Supermax, Mazak, Mori Seiki are companies that make machines for
this.

They are called Milling Machines.

Gunner

Thanks Gunner. However, you missed the part where the specified machine was
not a milling machine but a drill press only. The customer desires to avoid
milling machine-like devices for some bizzare reason. ...Otherwise, that
Bridgeport Series II machine I mentioned earlier would be awesome for them
with a nice big table, worldwide support (sort of) and a monster footprint.

The customer is in Russia and knows Knuth and Summit... But I don't think
either can make a machine that size for them.

Ah! Ok. However the requirements you spec are pretty much, with some
rare acceptions...milling country.

A quick trip to Ebay shows only a radial arm drill with a 5 hp motor on
it.

Though I did see an ad for a used Gorton 5 head pantograph sometime
today that might be modifyable to your specs. It was a big *******

Gunner

Gunner Asch