Al Reynolds

Default "Part P in force by 2004"

"Andy Hall" wrote:

"Al Reynolds" wrote:
Isn't the difference that this brings "ignoring the rules"
into the realm of "ignoring building regulations", with
the consequence that you may be asked to remove
any work done if you haven't gained approval?

I suppose that it could, but I was simply thinking about the
practicalities. If wiring were being done as part of work that was
otherwise being inspected for building regulations purposest then it
would perhaps be noticed by the building inspector.

Otherwise, how would building control departments ever know about it?
The only scenarios I can think of are if they did spot inspections on
people's property (not likely) or if a neighbourhood busybody cared
to report something. However, an addition of a circuit or even a
complete rewire is not going to be as externally visible as a new
brick built extension.

True. In fact the only thing that's likely to give it away is the new
coloured cable, which will be hidden anyway. So if it was found
later it would just need regularisation.

Cheers,
Al