Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Will Rick Perry be next Republican Bozo president?

In article ,
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

On 11/14/11 12:29 am, Robert Green wrote:

His other favorite saying was to "follow the money." I don't think enough
journalists or even investigators live by that rule. I don't believe there
are many journalists left that can do it in the modern age because finances
are so complex. I'd still like to know who profited most from the real
estate bubble because you can bet they're cooking up another bubble to cash
in on.

That's why we have to ban political contributions altogether, whether by
corporations or by unions, and have publicly funded elections.

Perce

But multiple Supreme Courts with multiple outlooks have ALL put the
kibosh on such things, due to that pesky first amendment thingy. This is
a string of ruling dating from the immediate post-Nixon era forward. In
fact a lot of the really weird things, such as PACs, were put in place
by what the Supremes let stand and/or shot down.