Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Generators, run on nat. gas....

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:33:54 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 17:16:29 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:

The 5500W generator will run about 14 hours lightly loaded, but it
still means at least one trip to the gas station (if you can find an
open one that has gas) and two refillis of the genny per day.

Why would you run it 14 hours a day? Unless you are in very frigid
weather and the heat must run all the time. I'd run it for an hour or
so every four to keep the refrigerators and freezer cold, but I'd not
keep it going all the time. Considering the scarcity of gas and the
work to feed it, I'd use it sparingly and enjoy the quiet.

Absolutely correct.

Gunner Asch