Default Wiring Regs - Rationale

BigWallop wrote:

The spur concerned is one double socket; I don't like doing spurs and
only did so here (yes, it's part of my new wiring) because it was a
pig to get the cable to it. The spur cable is short (no more than a
couple of metres). It's also not likely to have a heavy load; it's in
a hallway and really intended for vacuum cleaners and the like.

LOL

I always like to read the part that says "Not likely to have heavy loads
connected to it" and would really like to know what exactly that means. If
it is a convenient socket for a builder to connect his supply too when
carrying out work on the outside of the house, then it is likely to have a
heavy load connected to it. But as it is only really for the vacuum
cleaner, then it should be OK.

So what's a builder going to connect that will take a lot of current?

--
Chris Green )