Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Generators, run on nat. gas....

On 11/13/2011 10:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I can't imagine a 14 hour day of generator run. I'd figure
an hour ever several hours for heat, and refrigeration. Then
work around other things. Candles and other lamps for light
and trace ammounts of heat. Survival mode requires different
behaviours.

Chuckle. Ran into that syndrome making flyaway packages for forward ops
in sandbox. (You'd think non-service DoD agencies would be
common-serviced by one of the military services, but no, gotta roll our
own, with mostly non-mil-spec hardware,) Anyway, people doing 90-180 day
tours were always ****ed when their comms and IT capability were not as
good as they were used to, back in CONUS.

What part of 'forward area' did they not understand when they
volunteered for the deployment?

--
aem sends...