Posted to alt.home.repair

Default There must be a better way to iron shirts at home (maybe a form?)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 23:18:55 -0500, aemeijers wrote:

On 11/12/2011 9:29 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:39:23 -0500, wrote:

On 11/12/2011 8:25 AM, Larry W wrote:
In ,
Fred wrote:
...snipped...
Have any of you solved the multi-step problem of ironing shirts at home
without switching to substandard materials?

I solved it by not ironing, around 40 years ago. Sure that won't work for you?

I agree- get a life. Even all-cotton shirts are more than presentable if
you hang-dry them and just just gently tug all the wrinkles out while
they are damp. 'Snap' them like a blanket before putting on hanger, and
just smooth out any remaining bumps.

Yep. The trick is to hang them up while they're still a little on the damp
side (modern dryers work wonders). A little misting with a squirt bottle can
help, too.

And while all-poly shirts ARE a sin against nature, the 'mostly cotton'
blends do work well and are quite comfortable. They also hang-dry with
no apparent wrinkles.

60% is good.

Starch? Creases? What year does OP live in? Even rich people and fashion
models don't dress like that any more.

Military, maybe.

Dunno about the full-dress uniforms, but the semi-dress (like they used
to wear in my office before they started wearing camo freaking
everywhere) have been poly-cotton wash'n'wear for years.

The guys I used to see around (mostly ANG or reservists, I suppose) have
creases.

(always wondered- shouldn't camo for office workers look like modular
office furniture or something?)

Good point. ...or maybe a Windows logo. ;-)