Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

Default Platform for cleaning and painting windows. . .

Thanks. Cherry pickers are very expensive to rent. And they require
expertise to operate.

"harry" wrote in message

On Nov 13, 2:17 pm, "Ray" wrote:
Our coop apartment building is four floors, on irregular ground. The
upshot
is, getting access to the windows makes painting and cleaning pretty
costly.

Our painters/cleaners routinely use 60-foot ladders to get to the
upper-floor windows.

My question is this: Is it possible to fabricate some very sturdy hooks
which would fit over the sill of the windows, going over to the inside of
the building, to support a platform to do the painting and cleaning?

I realize this sounds dangerous, but it seems to me if the hooks and
platform could be very securely fastened, it would be made to be at least
as
safe as those platforms dangling from ropes on high-rise buildings.

Such systems are very common.
Especially if the building has a flat roof, you can buy a complete
platform system.
Eg.
http://www.applegate.co.uk/all-indus...em-1175798.htm
I expect they have them in the US too.
Not cheap and training required in their use.
How about a cherry picker?