Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The great ethanol scam continues

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:38:09 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 08:32:03 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

Everyone is missing the point here...this corn we hoard to satisfy our
glutenous energy needs could be used to feed people in starving world
communities. How do you think they view us obese, slovenly,
retards...that we have become?

But we pay farmers not to grow crops. I don't know that the corn is
being taken from the mouths of the poor, but it is used as an excuse
to jack up corn prices.

Due to supply and demand, the price of all corn products goes up -
and so does the price of every corn replacement - putting ffood prices
in the third world, in particular, out of the reach of many,
financially. If our food prices go up 30% it is an inconvenience. If
you are already spending 60% of your income on food and it goes up 30%
you starve to death.