Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default HVAC parts markup

On 11/12/11 06:46 pm, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Seems a bit pricey. Still, they have to pay the insurance,
van repairs, tires, phone bill, yellow pages, liability
insurance, wages, labor rate, store rent, and cell phone
bills some how.

Don't forget that we were already paying for the service call itself. I
can (perhaps) see paying a high price for a part if that has to cover
the tech's travel time, truck running costs, etc., but we'd already paid
for that.

The tech tried to sell us an annual maintenance plan for $129: two
checkups each year (one for furnace, one for A/C) and 15% off any parts
needed. I said, "15% off the outrageously inflated prices, you mean?" He
laughed and said, "Yes."

Perce