Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC parts markup

That's the idea I was trying to share with Percy, is that
the repair tech brought years of experience and thousands of
dollars of tools to his furnace. To know what part needed
replacing.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Whenever
someone complains about my price on parts, I explain that
I'm not in
the business of selling parts, I have one product I sell and
that
product is my time. The same people who complain about my
price for
parts think nothing of paying an attorney $150 for a few
sheets of paper
with some words printed on them. Why the paper only costs 5
cents at the
most, why on earth would I pay $150 for a few sheets of
paper?
You are paying for the lawyer's "time" and the lawyer sells
the same
product I sell, "time". The price of our time is based on
the "time"
it took us to gain the knowledge and experience to do what
we do. I've
spent more than of four decades gaining the knowledge and
experience to
do the things I can do and I think I should really receive
more money
for my "time"

TDD