Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC parts markup

Seems a bit pricey. Still, they have to pay the insurance,
van repairs, tires, phone bill, yellow pages, liability
insurance, wages, labor rate, store rent, and cell phone
bills some how.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
Had a local HVAC company check out our furnace a few days
ago -- first
time in almost 8 years ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it,"
and we have
carbon monoxide detectors). The only thing he could find
wrong was that
the run capacitor's capacitance was down somewhat: 3.6uF
instead of 5uF.
I asked how much a replacement was: "$80 if it comes off the
truck, but
if you go to our office you can probably get one for less."
Since I had
replaced a dual capacitor on the AC for only about $20 a
couple years
back, I declined to have the capacitor replaced. I now have
a new one I
bought online for $6 + $3 shipping.

Perce