Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TIP: 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

That's the best worded post I've seen in a while.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

A free market solution would be to allow stations
to charge whatever they feel like for gas in an
emergency. If I had a station, I'd put in a generator
and charge $1 a gallon more when the power is out.

That would do several things. First it would make
gas availabe during power outages. Second, it
would pay for the generator installation, maint-
enance, etc. Third, it would discourage people
from buying the gas during an emergency unless
they really needed it.

OF course, our liberal friends call that price
gouging and many places have laws that prevent
anyone from doing it. So, the gas station has
no generator, people have no gas, and the
workers have the day off and don't get paid.