Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

Default surveillance

On 11/11/2011 10:13 AM, G. Morgan wrote:
Home Guy wrote:

Installing a residential camera system (be it for security use or just
part of an automated home infrastructure) requires a license as much as
putting up christmas lights on the exterior of your home. That the
gov't says you need a license is bull**** and I dare you to show how
they can effectively enforce that.

If the homeowner does it himself on his house, of course he doesn't need
a license.

The OP said he wanted to start doing it for profit. In some states,
including Texas, that is a licensed activity. Not a "crock of ****".

Its for the protection of consumers, as all licensed installers passed
state and federal (FBI) background checks and the companies they work
for maintain a minimum amount of liability insurance.

Thanks all for advice. I'd also like that to be the end of the ad
hominem stuff. I'm in New Mexico and won't be at all surprised to find
that it at least requires a building permit to be pulled. It's about
keeping the kids and their teachers safe, and we take it a lot more
seriously than say Penn state, and I'm glad the Cornhuskers beat the
nittany lions. Is it me, or did joe paterno and joseph ratzinger get
pressed from the same caste?

When I look at cameras I don't usually see the way they're powered,
which puzzles me. Does anyone see anything wrong/inappropriate about these:

http://www.123securityproducts.com/123-dvr674bkit.html
--
Uno