Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Advice for 12x16 concrete porch slab and stain

paulaner wrote:

First estimate for the concrete job is nearly $8.5k. I like the guy,
and he comes with a good referral from a neighbor, but that seems a
bit high to me.

GASP!! OK, I'm old, I live in the past when a buck bought something,
everything seems high to me but GASP again.

When we built our house in central Florida in late 1995, dug footers were
$1.00/foot (plus concrete). The footer and slab concrete and finishing
(helicopters) was just about $9,000 for 4800 sq.ft. Fill not included; nor
is the (minimal) block to adjust foundation for slope of the land Ready mix
was about $50/yard.

Now, here, add 40% for inflation; maybe a bit more, concrete may have gone
up more. OTOH, people are crying for work.

I guess I need a 2nd estimate.

Well, at $44.27 per square foot I'd be getting one. Probably several.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...