Posted to alt.home.repair
paulaner paulaner is offline

Default Advice for 12x16 concrete porch slab and stain

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:43:14 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

On Nov 11, 1:39*pm, paulaner wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:34:54 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

If it becomes a 3 season room, it may get a heating wire and tile
someday.

you could just install radiant line as part of initial install, then
add the heat source later if it needs it

I could, but that wire is expensive. *It might add another $1000 to
the job. *If I take that on a few years from now it might be easier on
the wallet.

I was thinking more of a buried in concrete PEX line, connected at
some point in the future to a water heater and controls

Gotcha. If I was to install a boiler someday in the utility room,
it's pretty far away from the porch. I think electric with a timer
would be a nice solution. I did that in my basement office and really
like it.