Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Digging hole concrete cement for high-wind (120mph) WiFi antenna

On Nov 12, 12:25*pm, Larry Fishel wrote:
No experience and little knowledge here, but I suspect there's not
much point in worrying too much about your footing if you're going to
use such a flimsy mast... At the very least you'll need a few hard-
points to guy it. Think much large diameter, in which case the "pipe"
you'll find at HD will be pointlessly thick (and expensive).

Agree. 1" is going to be way to flimsy for 15 or 20 ft. I'd be
looking at
1 1/2 or 2" for the mast. I'd also go a lot deeper than 2ft with only
18" of concrete. I'd probably go 4 ft deep using a large sona tube.

I never tried tapping a pipe like that for set bolts. The pipe wall
is not very thick
and I wonder what holding power it will have. Ideally, I'd weld a nut
on it and skip the tapping.

Alternatively, some googling might find a ready made kit with all
the components.