Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default There must be a better way to iron shirts at home (maybe a form?)

On 11/12/2011 8:25 AM, Larry W wrote:
In ,
Fred wrote:
...snipped...
Have any of you solved the multi-step problem of ironing shirts at home
without switching to substandard materials?

I solved it by not ironing, around 40 years ago. Sure that won't work for you?

I agree- get a life. Even all-cotton shirts are more than presentable if
you hang-dry them and just just gently tug all the wrinkles out while
they are damp. 'Snap' them like a blanket before putting on hanger, and
just smooth out any remaining bumps.

And while all-poly shirts ARE a sin against nature, the 'mostly cotton'
blends do work well and are quite comfortable. They also hang-dry with
no apparent wrinkles.

Starch? Creases? What year does OP live in? Even rich people and fashion
models don't dress like that any more.

--
aem sends...