Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Load center replacement

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:34:24 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

On Nov 11, 2:08Â*pm, "
wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:49:36 -0800 (PST), bob haller wrote:
On Nov 11, 11:10Â*am, bud-- wrote:
On 11/10/2011 5:38 PM, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 04:36:47 -0800 (PST), bob
wrote:

On Nov 9, 10:08 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:09:43 -0500, wrote:

Â* Got my "service layout" from WNH this afternoon. Need to put in a new
meter base and I'm limitted to 125 amps with the existing underground
service. About $1700 to WNH plus trenching to get it up to 200 amps.

If I stick with 100 to 125, all it will cost me is about $73 for the
disconnect/reconnect, and the new meter base over and above the panel
replacement, and the new meter box installation will allow me to raise
the Â*power Â*cable entry to the panel by the required 4".
Panel replacement by licenced electrician, including Seimens panel
(the electrician's favourite - don't know why) is $750 so it will
likely be scheduled soon.- Hide quoted text -

check price for a 200 amp panel with smaller main breaker...... it may
not be much more and leaves room for expansion
Â* I can buy a 100 amp panel with 42 breakers. Any reason I would
poeeibly want more than that in a house that measures 22X30
feet???????

You said previously it is a small house and 100A is plenty.
It is another hallerb fetish.

--
bud--- Hide quoted text -

if a upgrade of panel capacity was 75 bucks would it be worth it? a
future buyer might want a electric kiln in the basement or other power
hungry thing like a shop and buy just on the basis of ease of
upgrading for their special use..

Then he can spend the $75. Â*Compared to the kiln or shop, the $75 is trivial.- Hide quoted text -

no you missed my point, the new main panel 200 amp may only cost 75
bucks than a 100 amp panel. when i last priced panels the difference
was amazingly small......... when done as part of a main panel
replacement.....

And the upgrade to the service - before the panel - is $1700 plus
trenching costs (including lifting and relaying the brick driveway)