Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

"Bill" wrote in news:9i5se1Fju8U1
@mid.individual.net:

I keep seeing this everyday...

" 2.2 million without power, in the northeast"

You would think they would have some of it turned back on by now and I
would be seeing...

" 1.9 million without power, in the northeast"
" 1.6 million without power, in the northeast"
" 1.2million without power, in the northeast"
Etc.

That happened indeed, but the thread started out with 2.2 By now almost
everyone is back on power, except maybe some in CT. Last Sunday we drove
i278 and i78 into PA and saw at least 3 groups of 1 or 2 bucket trucks
plus a pickup "convoying" back West to Ohio, I believe. We all around
here are greatful for the workers who came out to help, and despise the
upper management derelicts who cut back on the tree pruning budget and
delayed (in some cases) getting the help for this organized in the right
timeframe.

We were out of power for 24 hrs only, but close to us businesses were out
almost 3 days. If your business is a restaurant, and you were prepared
for some highfaluting parties and catering, plus the high end Sunday
crowd, or the football crowd, that was financially not good, even if
insurance were to cover some of it.

--
Best regards
Han