Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default CorTen

Steve B wrote:
I was wanting a guess as to what weight these panels I have been
putting up by myself weigh. Now that I have a system, they are much
easier, but still, a PITA with all the rigging and rerigging. One
piece is 3.5' x 7'. I have two pieces to complete the 40' run.

I have found a value of 1.83# / sf for 18 ga., but this stuff looks
thicker. I do not have a gauge gauge. It is a common seagoing
container. The stickers say not to replace or repair with anything
but Corten, but after that, I find little information. The tare
weight is there for the whole container, but that includes beams and
doors, floors, et al, and I know I could not get a value per square
foot for just the siding.
Any SWAG's or educated estimates?

Steve

Google is your friend . I figgered out that the pieces my friend Bill the
Machinist gave mea coupla days ago (~.087" thick) are 13 guage by using an
online gauge reference .
--
Snag
Learning keeps