Bob Eager

Default Wiring Regs - Rationale

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:38:06 UTC, wrote:

In uk.d-i-y, Bob Eager wrote:

I'd like to know too. I can see that (diversity aside) it would be
possible to plug in two 3kW appliances into a double socket on a spur,
each with 13A plugtop fuses. That would generate a moderate overload
for 2.5mmsq. cable.

The 16th Edn tables and associated text support the common practice of
wiring unfused spurs in 2.5mmsq in a couple of ways.

(etc.)

That's quite reassuring.

The spur concerned is one double socket; I don't like doing spurs and
only did so here (yes, it's part of my new wiring) because it was a
pig to get the cable to it. The spur cable is short (no more than a
couple of metres). It's also not likely to have a heavy load; it's in
a hallway and really intended for vacuum cleaners and the like.

--
"Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that
there must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable,