Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Another job for the HF multifunction tool

On Nov 11, 11:00*am, KC wrote:
I had some wooden sash windows with the glazing falling out in spots.
Some glazing came out easily but the rest was rock solid. *Trying to
chip out the solid stuff resulted in a couple of cracked panes. *Got
out the old multifunction tool with a hardwood blade and it cut
through the hard glazing like a champ. *Much faster, easier, & no more
broken panes.

KC

2 recent uses:

1 - I used a metal cutting plunge cut blade to cut the nails holding
in the blind stops around a picture window. Cutting the nails that
held the blind stops to the frame and then cutting the nails that held
the aluminum wrapped brick mold to the blind stops allowed me to
remove the beat up blind stops and replace them with vinyl stops that
will never need maintenance.

2 - I bought a HF air-powered brad nailer. It came in a box, no
carrying case, but I had an old case from a DeWalt cordless drill. I
used the multi-function tool to cut some of the dividers in the case
flush with the bottom to make room for the nailer. I left some
dividers in place to store the brads, oil, etc. A piece of foam on the
bottom and the nailer stays right where I want it to.

I also recently repaired a friend's HF multi-function tool. He dropped
it from about 3 feet and it stopped working. I opened it up and found
that one of the clips that held a motor brush in place had cracked. A
glob of JB Weld on the clip and his tool was as good as new.