Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Reflecting cold

On Nov 11, 2:37*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 07:44:33 +0000, Roger Chapman wrote:
Probably, but possibly just finless. The radiator I am sitting next to
is a single panel with no fins. Fins make a substantial difference -
about 42% greater output according to one site I checked.

I've never seen a finless one, what a strange idea! Even my slimline
single panel hall radiator has fins at the back.

This house had central heating fitted in about 1975, 3 years before I
moved in. No fins on any of the original radiators.

Are they completely flat, or do they have a corrugated appearance? My
parents have the latter at their place (house also built in the 70s), and
there aren't any back-fins, only the two brackets for securing to the
wall.

cheers

Jules

At one time all pressed steel radiators were finless though they had
indentations. You could only get single ones too, no doubles.